Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Sunny Saturday Shopping


We all like to support our independent businesses and shop local but perhaps we don't quite manage to as much as we would like.
It's not quite as inviting to browse the local market on a cold rainy day, however on Saturday that wasn't the case. Taking advantage of the glorious sunshine we have been having lately my freckles and i visited our local (Stockton) market.

I picked up local produce for our lunch and snapped away on my phone all the vibrant colours of the fruit and veggies.




A few stalls down was a flower stall filled with so many different types of plants and bunches of flowers, all for a really good price.
I just had to buy a sunflower plant for the garden and a bunch of pretty flowers.


While i was in town i had to pop by the flea market for a browse, would be rude not too. It can be pretty hit and miss there so i didn't have my hopes too high. But i was wrong, there were so many cool things there like a folding Formica table that i adored but have absolutely no room for at home *sob*
Some awesome (slightly creepy) mounted deer antlers and of course the obligatory mismatched tea sets to rummage through.
I did buy a small woven top footstool for £3.00, which i haven't got a photograph of, but i will share once i have painted it some funky colour.





My new sunflower plant catching the rays in the garden.
How long before naughty Dexter chews it up?... I give it a week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment