Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Thrifting

I love nothing more than a good old rummage around a car boot sale or a flea market. Finding unusual retro bargains. And it seems 'vintage' 'pre-loved' 'thrifting' or whatever you like to call it is becoming more and more popular. Its now fashionable to be thrifty and embrace rummaging through old Grannies belongings.
During the summer my Mum and I love visiting little towns and checking out their charity shops and finding


I bought this fully working custard colour GPO vintage telephone for £8.00. I just wanted the phone to sit on a cute set of drawers in the corner of the room, it was an added bonus that it actually works!

A car booty score was this fully working baby blue typewriter. Again, i buy things for their decorative value rather than practical. I don't intend to type novels a la 'Murder She Wrote' this typewriter just looks adorable sitting on my desk and is a great photo styling prop.




Probably one of the cheapest things I've got from a car boots sale- a set of 4 retro, somewhat gaudy cushions. I absolutely love how hideously retro these cushions are, I can imagine they were something my Grandad had sat on his sofa in his living room.








2 comments:

  1. love love love those cushions!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really hit and miss with people. I love them, especially since they only cost me 50p for a set of 4.

    ReplyDelete