Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Stockton Chic Vintique

This posts is a little late to say the least but better late than never..?

A few Saturdays back I headed to Stockton's Chic Vintique Fair. They have a few fairs each year,  held in a huge purpose built marquee in the Paris Gardens just off Stockton High Street.

This time visiting i noticed that although it's meant to be a vintage market i'd say only about 30% of the stalls were actually vintage. A lot of the stalls were handmade crafts, jewellery and a few food stalls. Not that that is a problem (I bough some locally produced stinky cheese for my Dad) I was just hoping for a lot more vintage to rummage through, after all it is a vintage fair! 

I headed straight to the Teesside Hospice Stall which was piled high with vintage goodies. Although i was on the look to for vintage fabrics for my embroidery hoops i came across some gorgeous hand knitted vintage jumpers, a cardigan and a beautiful heavy weight bed throw.



Neopolitain vintage jumpers!

These jumpers and cardigan are so well made, in amazing condition and so soft! Ive already wore the pink jumper and the white cardigan, i love them. And at £4 each they are an unbelievable bargain!



I picked up this vibrant daisy jug to hold some beautiful flowers. I though it would be a great prop when photographing hoops but i just really wanted it if I'm honest. 

From the same seller (I can't remember their name) I bought a huge vintage linen table cloth which i used in a few hoops.
I almost feel guilty for cutting up such pretty linens….almost.
These hoops sold out pretty fast but keep checking my Etsy shop as new hoops are added regularly.



This beautifully embroidered shirt was also £4 from The Teesside Hospice. It is all handmade- the shirt has been cut and hemmed by hand and all the pretty floral embroidery has been hand sewn. I can't believe that someone made this themselves, it must have taken them weeks and weeks! I wish i had such patience and skill to make something like this.



Unfortunately this was the last Chic Vintique Fair of the year but it will be back next year… hopefully with more vintage sellers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment